June 22, 2021
2021-2022 Internship Program
Heritage Winnipeg is currently accepting applications for an internship position, funded through Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic university graduate who is passionate about advocating for and celebrating Winnipeg’s built heritage to join our team. Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the position may require the intern to work from both their home and our office located in the Exchange District. Applicants must meet the criteria set out by Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage to be considered.
This is a flexible position, offering approximately 28 weeks of full time hours that must be completed by March 2022. These hours can be completed on a full or part time basis, with the exact working schedule to be negotiated. The anticipated start date is Monday, July 12th, 2021 and the rate of pay is $14.00 per hour. The position will include but is not limited to assisting in the planning and execution of digital projects, marketing and communication, and the creation and management of Heritage Winnipeg online content. The ideal applicant is a university graduate from a relevant program who possess the following skills, traits, and interests:
· interested in history, architecture and built heritage
· familiar with Heritage Winnipeg
· competent in using Microsoft Office, Zoom, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms
· superior communication and interpersonal skills
· able to meet tight deadlines
· very organized and detail orientated
· works well both independently and as a team
· creative and critical thinker
· strong research and writing skills
· experience in graphic design, photography or film making is an asset
Any questions about this position can be directed to Cindy Tugwell at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
If this positions describes your background, skills and natural talents, please submit your resume, cover letter and relevant samples of your work to Cindy Tugwell at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 5:00pm. Only applicants of interest will be contacted for a virtual interview.