June 1, 2023
Student Wanted: Doors Open Winnipeg Coordinator
Heritage Winnipeg is currently accepting applications for a Doors Open Winnipeg Coordinator funded through Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic university student passionate about Winnipeg’s built heritage to join our team. Applicants must meet the criteria set out by Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations (students) to be considered.
DOORS OPEN WINNIPEG COORDINATOR
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (35 hours per week) for 12 weeks which starts immediately. The rate of pay is $14.50 per hour. Some flexibility in the hours is possible as the position requires being available for the Doors Open Winnipeg weekend (May 27th and 28th, 2023) and potentially some evening events. Please note the position will require working in person at Heritage Winnipeg’s office located in the Exchange District at 509-63 Albert Street.
The position will include but is not limited to assisting with the planning and coordination of Doors Open Winnipeg, and the creation and management of Doors Open Winnipeg online content. The ideal candidate is a university student from a relevant program who possess the following skills, traits, and interests:
– interested in history and built heritage
– familiar with Doors Open Winnipeg
– superior design and artistic abilities
– competent in using Microsoft Office, Zoom, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms, Eventbrite and Mailchimp
– comfortable with both Mac and Windows operating systems
– strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
– able to meet tight deadlines
– works well both independently and as a team
– creative and critical thinker
HOW TO APPLY
If this position describes your background, skills and natural talents, please submit your resume, cover letter and relevant samples of your work to Cindy Tugwell at email@example.com and be sure to specify what position you are applying for. Please submit your application as soon as possible. Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.